Sunday, February 8, 2009

Royal Canin Persian Cat Food

Like many concerned pet owners I searched for a long time to find the "right" dry food for my cat. I feed my cat canned food once a day but I leave dry food out for her to graze on all the time. I don't mind paying for quality food but I don't want to spend more on her food than I spend on my own. Royal Canin is a high quality food with several great formulas. It's a bit more expensive than some quality brands but to me it's worth every penny.

I have an adopted Snowshoe Siamese cat. A Snowshoe Siamese is a cross breed, it's an Exotic crossed with a Siamese to produce Siamese coloring with four white feet. They also tend to have the flat face of an Exotic or Persian, some more pronounced than others. My cat has a very flat face, so normal kibble can be very difficult for her to eat. It never occurred to me that the shape of her food was important until I watched her struggle to eat her kibble one day and it dawned on me that she wasn't physically able to eat it without difficulty. I did some research and found that Royal Canin makes breed specific dry foods for cats and dogs. They make unique formulas for Persians, Siamese, and Maine Coone cats as well as a host of other formulas for cats who have allergies, cats who have hairball problems and other conditions of concern for pet owners. I bought the Persian formula and was very pleased with it. At about $20 per 3 lb bag it's not cheap, but if you have a Persian or a Persian family breed this kibble is the best. My cat has no trouble with the shape of the kibble, and she really likes the taste. I feel comfortable giving her Royal Canin because it's a high quality food. Since she has been eating Royal Canin in combination with her Natural Balance canned food her coat is softer and shinier, she has more energy, and is healthier than she's ever been.

Royal Canin is a French company that has been in business for over thirty years. They also make some high quality prescription pet food diets and are considered a leader in the pet food industry. They work continuously with vets, breeders and other animal professionals to continue to develop quality food that puts the needs of the pet first. You can find Royal Canin at any major pet store like Petco or Petsmart, although not all stores carry all the Royal Canin formulas. While Royal Canin is a bit more expensive than some other dry cat foods, keep in mind you get what you pay for. Royal Canin is a quality cat food that is worth the extra cost.

Source: http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/204816/royal_canin_persian_cat_food.html

No comments:

Post a Comment