Sunday, January 4, 2009

My Pet Feeds Us Nutro Beef and Brown Rice Platter: A Food Review by Our Cat!

My slave, Dave, is out for the evening so I thought I would write this late evening review. I'm Dora, his finicky 2 year old tuxedo cat and his master. Just so you know the TRUTH, humans don't own cats as pets. Cats own humans as their slaves. I mean, really! After all, we get them to feed us, pet us, and clean our poop out of our litter boxes. We don't have to do anything but get waited on!

It's tough that these humans can't understand our language. I try to teach Dave about what to feed us, but most of time he just doesn't listen. He buys us SO much junk! We (my brother George and I) just sniff and walk away. Dave did hit the jackpot with the Nutro Beef and Brown Rice Platter. The label shows a beautiful picture of chunks of raw beef, tomatoes and rice. My slave has read the label to me...he said, "Look Dora! This says this is premium nutrition, Gourmet taste, ideal for finicky cats!" Well, I'm not finicky, just picky! Most of what he feeds us tastes like DOG food!

Each pouch of this food is 3 ounces and I do say that most of the time, my brother and I just gobble this stuff up! There's lots of beef broth in this. Dave said it's the first thing on the ingredient list. But we LOVE gravy! The next ingredients are beef, beef liver, chicken liver, and brown rice. My slave said that there's NO by-products in this food! The label even says no artificial colors, flavors, preservatives and NO chicken heads, feet or intestines! Thank goodness. That's the kind of stuff in by-products!!!!

I understand that each one of these pouches cost Dave about 50 cents at Petsmart. I don't think he minds as long as he sees us eating it. But it serves him right if he doesn't buy us stuff we like and he has to throw it down the drain!!

The pouches have little slits on each side which makes them very easy to open and pour into our bowls. And there's no fork needed to get out all the food! I'm a pretty slim cat (unlike my fat brother) and I only eat about 1/2 pouch at one time. The label says Dave should feed us about 2 pouches per five pounds of body weight. I'm about 13 pounds so I'm supposed to have around 4 pouches of these per day! I don't eat THAT much because I do eat some of the Royal Canin dry cat food as well.

I tried reading the label of this gourmet treat myself (I'm a SMART kitty) and as far as I can tell the Guaranteed Analysis says there's a minimum of 8% crude protein, 4.5% crude fat, a max of 1% crude fiber and a maximum of 82% moisture (I guess that's the YUMMY gravy!). I think I saw the label say there's ASH in the food??? A max of 2.5% (is that cigarette ash?)

I'm pretty glad my slave bought this for me and I'll show him my appreciation by letting him pet me one more time than usual!

Source: http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/567867/my_pet_feeds_us_nutro_beef_and_brown.html

No comments:

Post a Comment