Thursday, July 23, 2009

Top 5 Flavors of Friskies Canned Cat Food, According to My Cats

My Cats love Friskies Canned Cat Food. For 20 years it has been their primary canned cat food choice. Presently, 8 cats are on the Friskies canned cat food test team. Over the years, 8 other cats made cat food testing their life's work. Buddy was also a member of the toy mouse testing team and all 16 are or were certified catnip experts.

Unlike dogs (who will eat anything) cats have standards. Friskies canned cat food measures up in a way store brand canned cat food clearly does not. The style of Friskies canned cat food that is required is the pate style. This ground up, moist canned cat food is the style of choice and my cats will not eat other types.

Friskies makes very nice looking canned cat foods that have shredded meat with gravy and they have a filet style that is chucks of meat in gravy. Both look fine to me, but apparently my cats are too lazy to chew. I occasionally grab a can by mistake and serve it to them. They will lick the gravy off, but leave the meat. Friskies Pate style canned cat food is the only canned cat food that makes the cats clean their plate and eat every bite. It is therefore the best value in canned cat food and they have made it clear that this is what they want.

Here are the top 5 flavors

5. Friskies Mixed Grill - this is the number 5 choice in canned cat food for my cats. The younger boys seem to like it the most. I find it a bit of a mystery as I can't tell exactly what animal was grilled and mixed but it apparently very tasty.

4. Friskies Ocean Whitefish & Tuna Dinner - number four on the canned cat food countdown. This flavor is one of the fishy ones. This is the canned cat food of choice for my middle aged girls. For whatever reason, this flavor brings them running.

3. Friskies Sea Captains Choice - a big hit with all the cats, this is a canned cat food to always have on hand. It is pretty smelly by my standards, but the cats love it.

2. Friskies Mariners Catch - This is a huge favorite. Another fishy canned cat food we look for the turquoise can and make sure we have cans of Mariners Catch on hand. The 3 fishy flavors that have made the top 5 are quite different. Even I can tell that they have distinct flavors (and I make it a habit not to smell or touch stinky canned cat food any more than I have to.)

1. Friskies Turkey & Giblets Dinner - This is the number one Friskies canned cat food determined by 16 cats over a 20 year period. Turkey rocks. Friskies Turkey & Giblets Dinner is gobbled up by each and every one of my cats. It is a special favorite of older cats and was the only thing several of my cats would eat in the latter years. Harley would eat nothing else for the last 4 of her 18 years.

I have purchased other brands of canned cat food, but they often end up dried out and sitting on the plate. Friskies is the only canned cat food my cats want. I buy many other flavors of Friskies canned cat food in the pate style in the name of variety, however I only stock up great quantities of the top 5. Friskies canned cat food in the pate style is the best. The team has spoken.

Credits: Canned Cat food test team members Punkin, Boo, Harley, Buddy, Gilley, Garth, Katie, Patches, Mickey, Baby, Emma, Maggs, Sunny, George, Kalamazoo & Skeeter.

Source: http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1838797/top_5_flavors_of_friskies_canned_cat.html

No comments:

Post a Comment